- In the Dark (season 1): The Gem of Amarra (first referenced in Buffy season 4 episode "The Harsh Light of Day") comes to Los Angeles, and makes any vampire immortal--no really, they can't be killed. The problem, let's just say a vampire with a very, very bad addiction gets a hold of it first.
- I Will Remember You (season 1): Angel becomes mortal again, and Buffy is at his side. They finally get to be a couple, but it doesn't quite work out. In the end, Angel gets to remember it all, but Buffy doesn't.
- Are You Now or Have You Ever Been (season 2): A CLASSIC. I watch this one over and over. This is the first appearance of the Hyperion, and a Thesulac Demon, who preys on people's guilt. Best line? "Take them all . . ."
- The Trial (season 2): Angel shows Darla what she really means to him. Kudos to my old student, Alan Reid, for suggesting this one when I hadn't seen it yet.
- Reunion (season 2): Darla's granddaughter, Druscilla, becomes her mother, and then they go to a wine tasting. Angel? He shuts the door.
- Double or Nothing (season 3): Angel saves Gunn from someone collecting on an old IOU.
- Orpheus (season 4): Angel versus Angelus: the final battle.
- Smile Time (season 5): Angel the puppet!
- Not Fade Away (season 5): The series finale. Best lines? "Do you want me to be her? . . . My dear Wesley . . ." and "Me? I've always wanted to fight a dragon."
And finally, my favorite episode of the entire Buffyverse:
- Destiny (season 5): Spike versus Angel in all their glory. The prize? The Shanshu Prophecy. Best line? "It's Mountain Dew . . ."
So that's it. Now I feel better having gotten that off my chest.