This week's links from my del.icio.us account:
- Gosh Beav, how do I maintain discipline? A hilarious old educational film on how to maintain classroom discipline. I'll rewatch this one just to hear those corny phrases from the fifties.
- 21 Money-Saving Sites from Around the Web ? Get Rich Slowly I'm always looking for ways to save money and manage my finances better.
From my Google reader:
- Whence Came Alien HOLY COW! These are some scary bugs, but that Japanese Hornet will give anyone nightmares. Talk about a killing MACHINE. It's ROBOWASP.
- Capture and Share Images Instantly with Skitch Cool Mac download.
- Comiqs is a new web application that lets you turn your photos or any photos on the Web into a sort of comic strip. From Larry Ferlazzo's Websites Of The Day For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL.
- 30 Easy Ways to Save Money (and No, you are not doing them all!) No, I'm not, but I'm doing surprisingly well.
- How to Get Just About Anything You Want These just made me feel good. I like the simple, straightforward ideas.
- Top 10 Websites For Geeky Kids Now these are cool websites. I can't wait to show these to my students tomorrow!
- Top 10 Free Download Managers Of course I only recommend these be used legally.
- VozMe This is a very simple little tool: Type in some text and it will be converted into an MP3 file. From Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day.
- Make Textbooks Affordable I'm still trying to decide whether or not to sign this . . .
- Evaluating Technology Use in the Classroom Nice post from The Thinking Stick by Jeff Utecht.
- Read before Lunch: Eat Less Fast Food Because... Yeah, but it tastes so good . . .
That's it for this week! (See I told you I'd tone it down!)