I'm glad that's out of my system. See this week's links after the jump.
From my del.icio.us account:
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… » The Best Places To Learn Web 2.0 Basics — 2007 Larry's blog is quickly becoming one of my favorites; he has SO MUCH information. You'll find all sorts of neat stuff there, but I really like this one in particular.
- YouTube - OK Go - Here It Goes Again If you can watch this without smiling, you're dead.
- Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace I'm working on some Facebook research with a colleague, and this essay came out recently.
- 13 Places To Watch TV Online for Free I've always wanted a site like this, and this week I found it!
- Larry Ferlazzo, Teacher Resources Another great list from Larry Ferlazzo.
- TED | Talks | Richard Baraniuk: Goodbye, textbooks; hello, open-source learning (video) I saw that a ticket to TED was going for $33K on ebay. Um, I think I'll watch the videos they post, you know, FOR FREE.
- Human Body, Human Body Information, Facts, News, Photos -- National Geographic Another nice human body resource. See the 3D body link below as a companinon.
From my Google Reader:
- Copyright And Fair Use In New Media from Podcasting News. A good overview I plan on sharing with my students.
- Start a fire with air from Instructables: exploring, featured. I work a lot with Boy Scouts, and anytime you can teach them cool tricks, they love it. Plus, I'm tired of taking them camping and watching them forget how to start a good fire. Maybe if I show them something like this, they'll remember it.
- Tips to Keep Your Car in Excellent Condition [Cars]from Lifehacker. We need our van to keep running, and I'm all for advice. Taking it on the other hand, well I try . . .
- Convert Any Text to MP3s with VozMe [Speaking]from Lifehacker. Yea for cool tools!
- http://www.visiblebody.com/Start from del.icio.us/philip_lismore. SUPER COOL 3D Human body.
- Manage Projects Online with LiquidPlanner [Project] from Lifehacker. For my EDTC 5773 Instructional Systems Management class. I'm always up for not giving Microsoft more money for Microsoft Project.
- Top 10 BitTorrent Tools and Tricks [Lifehacker Top 10] from Lifehacker. I have no idea why I marked this one. Tee-hee!
- Will's New Taxonomy for Learning Objectives from Learning Visions by Cammy Bean. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love reading Cammy Bean's blog. She challenges everything I've been taught through my academic training, and I find it exciting to see things differently. On top of that, I like the taxonomy.
- Sprout: “Create sophisticated and dynamic interactive content!”from H I T - Hokanson's Instructional Technology. I've mentioned Neil's blog before, and one of the reasons I like it is because he is always coming up with cool tools like this one.
- Seek and Destroy Your Stress from Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life. Who doesn't need this one?
- The Savvy Teacher’s Digital Toolbox:Downloading YouTube from EdTech Gold Rush. We've just finished a video assignment in my undergrad class, and I had something like 437 different students ask me how to do this effectively.