1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
I'm going to do 1, 2, and 4, just because I hate sending stuff like this on. So for those who are curious, here are my eight random things:
- My full name is John Hardy Curry III. I am named after my grandfather and great-grandfather, both of whom where named John Hardy Curry, but not the first or second. My oldest son is named John Hardy Curry IV.
- I was born on the exact same date as Bobby Brown, solo singer and member of New Edition as well as Whitney Houston's ex-husband, and Michael Sheen, who played Lucian in Underworld.
- I was born in Nashville, TN, and Marty Robbins and Dolly Parton were our neighbors.
- I was voted "Most Cheerful" in the class of 1987 from Mustang High School. That's funny to all who know me now who think I'm one of the grumpiest people they know.
- I speak a Mayan dialect, K'ekchi'. I learned it (as well as Spanish) as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I served in the Guatemala City North Mission from March of 1988 to April of 1990. Yes, I wore the white shirts and ties with the little black name tags, but no, I didn't ride a bike. I pretty much walked everywhere, which is why I came back seventy pounds lighter than when I left.
- Words cannot describe how much I am a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel--though it's not to a wierd scale where I'll dress up and stuff. I just have the DVDs and comics and can tell you all sorts of worthless trivia and how this episode relates to that one, etc. Not only is the writing extremely intelligent and funny, I just find it entertaining! My favorite character is Spike.
- My favorite authors are Edgar Allan Poe and John Donne. Quite a contrast, eh?
- I am a certified SCUBA diver, although it absolutely terrifies me to do it, but I love it. Shout out to Tim at Nautical Adventures Dive shop on Lake Tenkiller!